[Mb-civic] Armageddon: The Great Lie Of Jesus Christ -- For All The Really Stupid People In The Audience

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon May 16 20:33:56 PDT 2005

Armageddon:  The Great Lie Of Jesus Christ -- For All The Really Stupid
People In The Audience

Before I present this, I would briefly like to state that in the last few
weeks here at least about one-third of all posts have absolutely nothing in
them (I access this list from The Internet) but "Attachments" this or that,
and I am not going to start opening "Attachments".  If people could somehow
figure out how to put up posts here that actually have information in them,
or at least a website that shows where the information is they wish to
convey, other than just "Attachment Scrubbed", that sure would be nice.  Of
course, this conversation has been here before, and apparently people still
cannot figure out how to send a simple post in any form other than as an
"Attachment".  Such is life.  I skip over all those posts.  The least people
could do, if they are interested, is after they send a post here, go on to
the Internet and access this List from there, and at the very least, see
what form your post arrived.  Most of you probably have no idea that your
posts are winding up as "Attachments" and nothing else.  I thought I would
just remind you.  Gee, personal Cheeseburger gripe night apparently...  It
would also be nice if there was some way that the Posts here actually had A
Title, other than "Here is an article from such and such a newspaper", which
would allow at least people who access this list from The Internet the
availability to view A Title, and then choose to either open it or not open
it, depending upon their desire or the fact of whether they have already
read that article at another location or not, thus saving them a TON of time
in wasted repetitiveness.  The end.

Now on to Jesus Christ and some of his fibs.....

Personally I liked Jesus.  He was a cool guy.  He had the best smoke in all
of the Middle East and he could just blow on a mosquito bite and it would be
cured.  An all around good person.  Too bad he didn't take my advice and
start a revolution though and instead let them hang him on a tree.  Those
Essenes, heh, they always were really big on practical jokes.  (For the
really really ignorant, look them up on Google gaga or somewhere).

The particular "fib" I would like to examine here coming out of Jesus' mouth
way back when, is the one in the book of "Mark" in the New Testament.  I'm
sure it's in some other books, but this particular passage will suffice for
the moment.  It starts in Mark chapter 13 and rambles on a while.  I'll just
put up verse 24 to 27 and verse 30 from that chapter though for our purposes
and make it brief.  This is Jesus himself talking:

"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and
the moon will not give its light, and the stars will be falling from heaven,
and the powers in the heavens wil be shaken.  And then they will see the Son
of man coming in clouds with great power and glory.  And then he will send
out the angels, and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of
the earth to the ends of heaven."

Then in verse 30 he states:

"Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these
things take place."

Ok, now, face it, either Jesus was severely challenged as to his perspective
of Time itself and how long "One Generation" of people is, or he just flat
out lied.

Regardless, every Generation before and after he said those words has used
"The Armageddon Is Just About Upon Us Now" to frighten and control every
thing, place and person that exists on this planet Earth.  And they're still
doing it to this very day, except this time they're making millions and
billions of dollars from doing it, and duping millions and billions of
people while cashing in on their fear, faith, and expectations.  (It's a
wonderful thing to have something called Faith.  It's a desecration to have
Faith in a bunch of Lies, whether one believes and lives by "Ignorance Is
Bliss" or not.)

The *only* loophole in all that above is that "maybe" Armageddon actually
happened "before that generation" Jesus was speaking to "passed away", and
what we now perceive here as our "Reality" is nothing short of something
like either "Purgatory" or "Hell" itself.

Although I doubt, somewhat, the validity of that last sentence being our
Ultimate Reality at this current time, who knows, stranger things have
happened.

It would be very funny if we were just living in a Zoetrope after all, and
viewing it all from the outside, while living it all from the inside, and
not having a miserable clue about any of it.

Oh well, none of it is "funny".  Just thought I'd pass the words of Jesus
himself describing how "Armageddon" was to take place before even the people
he was talking to at the time passed away.

More trivia from The Cheeseburger Vaults.

Have a nice day.    :|