[Mb-civic] Orphans of Tall Afar

Jonathon Johnson goodhairdays at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 16:31:22 PST 2005

Orphans of Tall Afar

What 15 seconds did to the Hassan family—and to the men of Apache Company.

By Owen Matthews  NewsweekMarch 28 issue –

Army investigators in Iraq have cleared Apache Company's soldiers of any wrongdoing. The men did what they were trained to do under the circumstances. Yet that's small comfort to the Hassan orphans. "If it were up to me, I'd kill the Americans and drink their blood," says Jilan, 14. Her 12-year-old brother, Rakan, was discharged from Mosul General Hospital this month. Doctors said his best hope of walking again is to seek treatment outside Iraq. At least he can move his legs. As far as he knows, his parents are in the hospital, recovering from the shooting. No one dares to tell him the truth.

For the complete story go to:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7245228/site/newsweek/

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.