[Mb-civic] Vietnam Redux: Iraq War Vets on Anti-War Offensive

Jonathon Johnson goodhairdays at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 16:22:12 PST 2005

Vietnam Redux: Iraq War Vets on Anti-War Offensive

The New Face of Protest?

    By Karen Houppert

    The Nation

    28 March 2005 Issue

    On a Sunday afternoon in February a young man made a plea to a room full of 400 antiwar activists who had gathered in St. Louis for three days of strategizing on how to end the war in Iraq. "I'm probably the most experienced activist in my organization and I've been an activist for one year," 25-year-old Michael Hoffman said, "so we need your help with logistics." In return, he promised that his group would serve as a shield. "When there are massive protests, we will be out front. We will say that you are doing everything you can to support the troops by demanding that this war is ended, and ended now, so that the troops are brought home and cared for when they return."

Find complete story at;

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/031505A.shtml

Good HAIR Days: A Personal Journey with the American Tribal Love-Rock Musical HAIR, by Jonathon Johnson. For more information on the book and how to order it, visit www.goodhairdays.net. Visit our other websites at www.uversa.net and www.kidstherapyassociates.com.

http://mail.yahoo.com