[Mb-civic] Remembering Bloody Sunday: Thousands Mark 40th Anniversary of Selma Voting Rights March

hecate at diamonddragon.com hecate at diamonddragon.com
Mon Mar 7 18:29:02 PST 2005

Hecate  ( hecate at diamonddragon.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

Joan's eyewitness is very moving..

|  Remembering Bloody Sunday: Thousands Mark 40th Anniversary of Selma Voting Rights March
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/07/1449252

Today is the fortieth anniversary of Bloody Sunday - the historic voting rights march in Selma, Alabama when used billy clubs, tears gas and cattle prods to stop some 600 black marchers from reaching Montgomery in a bid for voting rights. We go to Selma, Alabama to speak with Joanne Bland, of the National Voting Rights Museum who attended the march 40 years ago. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: