[Mb-civic] Il Manifesto Founder on Sgrena Shooting: This Was an Attack on Unembedded Journalism

hecate at diamonddragon.com hecate at diamonddragon.com
Mon Mar 7 14:02:42 PST 2005

Hecate  ( hecate at diamonddragon.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

The journalist fired upon by the americans

|  Il Manifesto Founder on Sgrena Shooting: This Was an Attack on Unembedded Journalism
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/03/07/1449232

U.S. soldiers in Iraq shot at the car of Italian journalist - Giuliana Sgrena - killing the Italian intelligence agent who helped free her and wounding three others. Sgrena had just been released after a month in captivity by the Iraqi resistance. We go to Italy to speak with Luciana Castellina, a leading public intellectual and one the founders of Giuliana Sgrena's newspaper - Il Manifesto. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: