[Mb-civic] Go easy on Blair

Jack Sullivan jack at visit.ie
Fri Jul 8 01:13:23 PDT 2005

Ian & Mr Cheese:

Thank you for yet another reminder of the downside of being a paid soldier; frankly I never understood the upside.

If we had a chairman, better discipline in the discussion would prevail. So should we restrain ourselves and embrace a discussion using relevance and materiality?

My point of discussion, for which I seek a response is:

        "Tony Blair is simply the most effective and modern and reliable elected politician in the world today."

I suggest the world standard for such an accolade is:

  a.. the man's vision toward the world (democratic),
  b.. the manner of his public demeanour and behaviour (savvy), and
  c.. that the leader's feelings are about the commonweal, generally and usually.

     I suggest about Blair:   "His vision is democratic; his politics savvy; and his feelings are deeply rooted in the commonweal."

Would you care to address your thoughts about leadership standards of the world's leaders in these or other relevant terms?
Do you think using these terms there is a better elected leader on the planet's world stage?

 I reference Roosevelt and Truman - both world players who killed many earthlings.
Truman's use of the bomb is still a debate topic.

We know life is transient. Listen to Blair yesterday in the midst of a visit from the dark side.

Can political life be meaningful? Is cynicism functional?

Dublinjack

PS Thanks for correcting my typos