[Mb-civic] Please send me a Tibetan monk so he can sit in my refri gerator and defrost it

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Thu Jul 7 20:57:34 PDT 2005

I see we've touched on centuries of a belief system, this is good.
Remember Cheese-I never spoke of a God-never used his name; it's over used and tired now!

There are things that happen to each of us, in our own lives which draw on commonality (things, happenings), that we all can relate too.

I can relate to your utter disgust and irreverence to the subject: religion. I am not talking about religion-I thought we knew each other better than that!

You've seen it happen throughout your life; happenings if given a moments time to contemplate, we would consider many to be acts of a higher creation than perhaps you or I. We can find these acts any where in the world.

Many times-we actually are there to understand and view a happening that maybe we helped to create, other times we come unprepared but we still marvel or just plainly accept what we 'see' as black and white or mixed with color.

Humans have a propensity to be a hopeful lot. That's our makeup...humans have also found through trial and error; religion or not, how to make things happen because of their beliefs and energy devoted to the task. This is also in our makeup. Many have found that they have been thrown into situations they knew nothing about-yet had to learn because of life or death situations. That's life-right?

I don't know when the next miracle is about to happen, anymore than you know when the next atomic bomb is going to fall. However, we can prepare our lives-some preparations can take some of us, a whole life time-to actually manifest a complete finished thought that brings healing and yes, miracles.

There are those amongst us; I'll be easy on this one, that actually and strongly pray (not religion either), for our demise or a segment or portion of mankind. This is not meant to form a conclusion that our present enemies are doing this-it is only presented here to show that each individual is capable of either light or complete darkness.

Anything in between-some of this and some of that, is only normal and in many circumstances is a controlled reaction to a perception and is a part of a human-being.

Stepping somewhere and realizing that phenomena can happen is attuning oneself to the earth's energy and her whispers. Other times, we are too noisy and we miss the boat-so to speak.

Listening!-now where have we heard this before? Listening to your still small voice can work wonders. Being at the right place and listening to what is asked of you, is another wonder. I still try to listen...

I cannot tell when wonders are about to happen-but I can tell you what I do to thwart the darkness from rising up and controlling my situation.

Now on to the World stage-darkness and light!
Complain and be devoured...Others are doing what they need to do!

To prevent kindness from shining through, with each of our reactions to situations that we encounter, is not good because we are the same animal. Only by mastering our lives by honoring our own situations, by acknowledging that we have had a very hard time on this earth, and to remain focused on a world where ALL beliefs, persuasions, and societies can and will melt together in a common pot is a reachable and lofty ideal! 80% is better than not trying at all!

To think that we are lesser and someone is only going to cut our throats is the easy way out; 0%-a more valiant expression would be to have witnessed and therefore we still go onward until at the end we ask: What have we or I contributed to the whole; 85%-did I avoid or help someone out of a jam today, so can I go now?

Finally, to make sarcastic remarks about other people's belief system is to be no better than people were during the dark ages, when baths were considered evil and yet brown skinned island people were committed to the art of performing brain surgery. That's -85% or going backwards.

Don't heed this narrative because it's here; more so try to lift your own soul with more respect to a diverse planet and your own salvation.

What you build here is your own model that you take with you, my friend!

Again-Bless you with all things good, kind, and hopeful.

Lyle Kekahi K'ang, MBA/IM
http://silomanagement.blogspot.com/
http://lyve-oasis.com

-- "Cheeseburger" <maxfury at granderiver.net> wrote:
Please send me a Tibetan monk so he can sit in my refrigerator and defrost
it

Meditation, Belief Systems, Faith-Based Religions, OM Circles, the big
WE....

Give me a break.

While there may truly be some inherent "good things" that come from such
things, as has been pointed out here, rare is the person that can sit in a
circle, hold hands, chant OM or whatever, and actually "make the world a
better place to live".

If there were lots of them, the world would ALREADY be "a better place to
live", as they've had CENTURIES to practice their methods already.

All the yogis, maharishis, whateveris from India etc couldn't sit in a
circle, meditate, and change one iota of the miserable parts of India etc if
they did it for a year and didn't stop for bathroom breaks.

So "Tibetan Monks" level of "meditation" is so high they can sit in ice
caves and melt the ice and not die.

Great, send me one so he can sit in my refrigerator and defrost it.

All of the "Tibetan Monks" and the "extremely highly advanced levels" of
"meditation", even after all those CENTURIES of practice, couldn't stop one
little Chinese Army from taking over their entire country and murdering
them.

So what do you use it for then...?

To melt ice...?  To make people sitting in a circle chanting OM or something
"feel better"...?

Certainly not to stop armies.  Certainly not to stop ruthless
military-industrial etc onslaughts around the world.  Certainly not to stop
global warming.  Certainly not to stop "extreme poverty".  And certainly not
to, well, just think of just about any "vicious calamity" afflicting Earth
and its inhabitants at the current moment, and one starts to get the idea of
what it is overobviously just NOT "advanced" enough to do diddly squat about
it ALL, for the most part.

On another subject, I was sitting down with someone today just incidentally
and he began discussing christianity, religion, etc.

So I again put one simple question to him.

So God was almighty, all powerful, etc, and created the heavens, the earth,
and everything else in the universe, or so the story goes in the thousands
of years old books.

Then he created his best creations, humans, a simple man and a woman.
Innocent as the driven snow.  They were so innocent they didn't even know
"it was a bad thing" to be naked running around like they were.

And he sat them down in something called The Garden of Eden.  And he put a
zillion fruit etc trees there, and there they lived in peace, bliss, and
innocence.

But in this same Utopian Paradise called The Garden Of Eden, God almighty
also placed one tree called The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil.

And he told these 2 beautiful purely innocent rabbit-minded human creations
of his "Hey, see all those trees..?  The fruit is beautiful, good, and will
keep you healthy etc.  Eat of all of them, but do not eat of the fruit of
the one called The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil".

It was nice of him to put a big flashing sign on it and put it in the middle
of the utopian place he had created for his best creations, Adam and Eve, in
the first place.

But then he, this all knowing all powerful God, turned his back, and somehow
either known to him or not known to him, the actual living entity of Evil
Itself, Satan, the angel that God Almighty himself had thrown out of Heaven
for being such a bad boy, crawled into this apparently completely unguarded
utopian place, Eden, which God Almighty had created for his best 2
creations, and somehow mystically managed to tempt Eve, a woman of pure
innocence with about the knowledge level, wisdom level, and IQ of a rabbit,
just like her husband Adam, to eat an apple from the one tree in the Garden
Of Eden that God Himself had put a big flashing sign up next to it and
warned them both never to eat.

So which was it, was Almighty God "just testing" his 2 best creations, the
human man and woman with the innocence and combined IQ of a baby rabbit by
placing the one tree that they should not eat the fruit of or they would
learn the difference between good and evil and lose their innocence, and in
the process God just let his worst angel in the universe which God Himself
had cast out of Heaven, just join in "The Test" to see how these 2 rabbit
minded innocents would fare against the powerful Satan himself.

Or was God just really not all powerful, not that smart, and built an entire
utopian paradise called The Garden Of Eden, and stupidly placed in the
center of it a tree called The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil, and
told Adam and Eve, after he planted it, "Whatever you do, don't eat from
THAT tree", and then his worst, most powerful Angel which God Himself had
cast out of Heaven, was just able to sneak in past all of God's holy angels,
guardians, cherubims, and seraphims, to corrupt two rabbit-minded naked
humans.

Either way, you have an actual Story that makes as much logical sense,
especially for an All Powerful God, as a yoyo without a string makes, no
matter how many theologians try to slice it "in their favor".

And then to top it all off, the All Powerful God, after having either
tested, or let in willingly or unwittingly, all the temptation, the tree,
and the devil himself, to corrupt 2 really pure and innocent as the driven
snow his best creations naked with, again, probably the combined IQ of a
baby rabbit, he then banished them forever from the utopia The Garden Of
Eden he had built for them.

I don't really care what religion one belongs to, what one has learned in
all the centuries of pouring over all the books of "wisdom" "knowledge" and
"enlightenment", if you really can actually make ANY logical sense of that
BEGINNING story in "The Bible", no matter how many degrees one might have
from scads of universities etc, you most likely have the IQ of a dirt clod.

Or are just stupid as crap.

Either way, one's actual "acceptance" literally of such a "Beginning"
outrageous "Story" to me, personally, remains nothing short of being just as
ludicrous as the story itself.

So much for faith-based religions and belief systems holding more water than
a bucket with a zillion holes punched in the bottom.

And that's just part of the first chapter of just one book (or something
like that)  :|   .

And to double top it off, after Almighty, AllKnowing, AllPowerful God
Himself ALLOWED all that crap to happen to "his best 2 creations with the
combined innocence and IQ of a newborn baby rabbit", he then condemned not
only Them, but all the rest of Humanity for the rest of Eternity to
Suffering Suffering Suffering Suffering on Planet Earth.

Nice Guy.

Your God....????

Keep him.

I have other plans.

And, then, the very bottom line, exiting the first parts of Genesis shortly,
in the 3rd or 4th Chapter of Genesis, it states something like:

"Ok, well, Adam and Eve screwed up and ate the apple, we better now cast
them out of The Garden of Eden lest "they also eat from THE TREE OF LIFE"
and "BECOME GODS LIKE US".

The interesting thing I would like to point out there, if I am correct, is
that someone was talking about the entire "situation", and not only was
there just The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil that God Himself had
planted in the middle of The Garden Of Eden and then put a big red neon
flashing sign on it warning Adam and Eve his 2 best creations with the
innocence and combined IQ of a newborn rabbit not to eat of it, but He had
ALSO planted a tree there called THE TREE OF LIFE, and if they ate of THAT
one, they would have become actual literal "GODS LIKE US".

Not "A God Like Me".  That remains singular.

All in all, I just have a sneaking suspicion that there must have been a
BUNCH of "Gods", and they screwed the crap out of Humanity just from the
Exact Beginning and, sadly, just for the f*ck of it.

And we've been paying for it ALL ever since.

Their bullsh*t, these "GODS" and their TREE OF LIFE, not OURS.

When they could have prevented ALL this pain and suffering, since THEY
remain ALMIGHTY, and had such POWERS to CREATE EVERYTHING.

But they didn't.

And MEN who believe such ludicrous bullsh*t verbatim, word for word, have
been making us ALL pay for it ever since as well.

Century after Century after Century after Century.

Gee, they wound up becoming just as deceiving, conniving, murdering, and
ruthless as God Himself.

What a surprise.

Please, keep the people with the colored robes, the thousands of old books
under their arms, and all their labels of heretic, blasphemy,
excommunication, etc, out of my f*cking face, and you know where they can
put all their rings.

They couldn't redeem a blade of grass if they all got together in one giant
parking lot and prayed to "God" for a Century.

I'll take the monk though, send him around to help me defrost my frig.

We can discuss payment later.

I'll destroy The Chinese just for the f*ck of it.