[Mb-civic] Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case

Lyle K'ang lyve at netzero.com
Sat Jul 2 11:16:09 PDT 2005

This article is from today's Yakima-Herald Republic: note author...

"Wake up, Dorothy

To the editor — Iraq, Terrorism and Propaganda. CIA Chief Porter Goss said recently that he knows where Osama bin Laden is, Pakistan, but, Goss says, we can't go after him because we respect the "sovereignty" of a foreign nation. Pakistan, where Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl was decapitated, receives billions in U.S. aid each year. The president said after 9/11 we would attack any nation that harbored bin Laden.

Dick Cheney said the terrorists in Iraq are on the cusp of collapse, that we are winning. In 2003 he said it would be weeks rather than months. Republican Sen. Chuck Hegel says that we are losing the war in Iraq, the administration is disconnected from reality and should be straight with the American people.

Condoleeza Rice said that the administration prior to the war told the American people that the Iraq war was "generational." President Bush said "Mission Accomplished" after troops entered Baghdad. Now he says we will stay the course in Iraq until the mission is accomplished.

The classified British Downing Street Memos released May 1, 2005, by the conservative Sunday Times said that the U.S. was determined to go to war in July of 2003 and that we were "fixing" the intelligence to justify removing Saddam. The president said that Saddam was not connected to the 9/11 or al-Qaida. Now he says we attacked Iraq because of the terrorist attack of 9/11.

Dorothy, the Wizard behind the curtain at Oz is Karl Rove."

VERSA K'ANG

Yakima
original link: http://www.yakima-herald.com/letters.php

Lyle Kekahi K'ang, MBA/IM
http://silomanagement.blogspot.com/
http://lyve-oasis.com

-- "swiggard at comcast.net" <swiggard at comcast.net> wrote:
Editor and Publisher

MSNBC Analyst Says Cooper Documents Reveal Karl Rove as Source in Plame Case

By E&P Staff

Published: July 01, 2005 11:30 PM ET

NEW YORK Now that Time Inc. has turned over documents to federal court,
presumably revealing who its reporter, Matt Cooper, identified as his
source in the Valerie Plame/CIA case, speculation runs rampant on the name
of that source, and what might happen to him or her. Tonight, on the
syndicated McLaughlin Group political talk show, Lawrence O'Donnell, senior
MSNBC political analyst, claimed to know that name--and it is, according to
him, top White House mastermind Karl Rove.

Here is the transcript of O'Donnell's remarks:

"What we're going to go to now in the next stage, when Matt Cooper's
e-mails, within Time Magazine, are handed over to the grand jury, the
ultimate revelation, probably within the week of who his source is.

"And I know I'm going to get pulled into the grand jury for saying this but
the source of...for Matt Cooper was Karl Rove, and that will be revealed in
this document dump that Time magazine's going to do with the grand jury."

Other panelists then joined in discussing whether, if true, this would
suggest a perjury rap for Rove, if he told the grand jury he did not leak
to Cooper.

Cooper and New York Times reporter Judith Miller, held in contempt for
refusing to name sources, tried Friday to stay out of jail by arguing for
home detention instead after Time Inc. surrendered its reporter's notes to
a prosecutor.

Meanwhile, on Capitol Hill, Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., said Friday that
several unidentified Senate Republicans had placed a hold on a proposed
resolution declaring support for Miller and Cooper.

``Cowards!'' Lautenberg said of the Republicans. ``Under the rules, they
have a right to refuse to reveal who they are. Sound familiar?''

Lautenberg's resolution is co-sponsored by Sens. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.) and
Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.) It says no purpose is served by imprisoning
Miller and Cooper and that the First Amendment guarantees freedom of the
press.

E&P Staff (letters at editorandpublisher.com)

Find this article at:
http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content