[Mb-civic] Rove is The Source of Matt Cooper

Michael Butler michael at michaelbutler.com
Sat Jul 2 11:43:04 PDT 2005

LBN-POLITICAL BRIEFING by Lawrence O'Donnell: I revealed in yesterday's
taping of the McLaughlin Group that Time magazine's emails will reveal that
Karl Rove was Matt Cooper's source. I have known this for months but didn't
want to say it at a time that would risk me getting dragged into the grand
jury. McLaughlin is seen in some markets on Friday night, so some websites
have picked it up, including Drudge, but I don't expect it to have much
impact because McLaughlin is not considered a news show and it will be
pre-empted in the big markets on Sunday because of tennis. Since I revealed
the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative
source. Too many people know this. It should break wide open this week. I
know Newsweek is working on an 'It's Rove!' story and will probably break it
tomorow.