[Mb-civic] Not One Dime Day - Jan 20, 2005

Gerald Gerald dekuyper at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 17 22:57:14 PST 2005

From: Bill Moyers

Not One Dime Day - Jan 20,  2005

Since our religious leaders will not speak out against
the war in Iraq,
since our political  readers don't have the moral
courage to oppose it,
Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not
One Damn Dime Day" in  America.

On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is
happening in  our Name in Iraq can speak up with a
24-hour national boycott of all forms of consumer
spending.  During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't
spend  money.  Not one damn dime for gasoline. Not one
damn dime for necessities or for impulse purchases.

Not one damn dime for nothing for 24 hours. On "Not
One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart,
Target... Please don't  go to the mall or the local
convenience store. Please don't buy any fast food  (or
any groceries at all for that matter).

For 24 hours, please do what  you can to shut the
retail economy down.

The object is simple. Remind the  people in power that
the war in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are
responsible for starting it and that it is their
responsibility to stop  it.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that
they work for
the people of the United States of America, not for
the international  corporations and K Street lobbyists
who represent the corporations and funnel  cash into
American politics.

"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting  the
troops.  Now 1,200
brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000
Iraqis have died.  The politicians owe our troops a
plan - a way to  come home.  There's no rally to
attend. No marching to do. No left or right  wing
agenda to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you
take action by  doing nothing.  You open your mouth by
keeping your wallet  closed.

For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one damn dime,
to remind  our religious leaders and our politicians
of their moral responsibility to end  the war in Iraq
and give America back to the people.

 Please share this  email with as many people as
possible.  Commercial
speech must not be the only  free speech in America!

 Bill Moyers