[Mb-civic] Good Pills, Bad Pills: Dr. Sidney Wolfe Condemns FDA Advisors For Backing the Sale of Vioxx, Celebrex and Bextra Despite Known Dangers

hecate at diamonddragon.com hecate at diamonddragon.com
Sat Feb 26 19:49:43 PST 2005

Hecate  ( hecate at diamonddragon.com )
sent you this story from democracynow.org

if you take any prescription drugs at all check out his website worstpills.org..already have an "unhappy" letter off to my doctor..

|  Good Pills, Bad Pills: Dr. Sidney Wolfe Condemns FDA Advisors For Backing the Sale of Vioxx, Celebrex and Bextra Despite Known Dangers
|  http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/02/22/1527238

The FDA panel proposed that the drugs be sold with an FDA "black box" warning. Vioxx is now expected to return to the market even though nearly half the FDA panel voted against it being sold. Its manufacturer Merck voluntarily withdrew the painkiller drug in the fall. Studies have show as many as 55,000 people may have died from taking the drug. [includes rush transcript]
This story continues at: