[Mb-civic] Re: COME BACK JESUS

ROBERT CLARKE CLARKE445566 at msn.com
Tue Feb 22 03:25:38 PST 2005

Excellent and possibly powerful positioning. The Chicago Exposition of 1893 brought together virtually all faiths on this premise, a World Congress, or World Parliament of/for Peace, I forget which words were used.  The organizing body was made up of key Transcendentalists and re-defined abolitionists. Ednah Cheney, one of Margaret Fulller's "Conversations" students, was influential.  I can't recall if Thoreau was still alive, but his spirit was present.  That such people and their work are not remembered--washed from memory by the acquisition of the new science, Psychology, by the young military/ industrial complex--may be our greatest loss.