[Mb-civic] Leonard Cohen abused by Managers

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 26 17:51:11 PDT 2005

Leonard Cohen's  "American" music/artistic financial advisors and managers have abused their privilege of managing his affairs.

This is not a new issue in America. I made a point of mentioning America, because I do not see these management issues in Canada or the UK where artist rights are held in high esteem. All I see in America is the chasing of artists monies and revenues, i.e. suing downloader's. The recipients of those fees/fines are corporate lawyers not the artists. It is all about the Money in America, not the Art or the Artist!!

But what the heck, it is America, right, if you can get it, take it!! America the land of no values, just a pursuit of questionable lifestyles, how pathetic......

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20050826/COHEN26/National/Idx

It is sad when any artists affairs are mis-managed. But the gall of this one financial manager to counter sue to protect his integrity really gets me.
In America it is all about the money, hopefully Leonard will survive this abuse of his artistic residuals and will be able too carry on with his life.

Later H