[Mb-civic] Re: Salient Features

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Fri Apr 8 15:22:17 PDT 2005

Cheeseburger:

I'm speechless!  Can it be?  You and I completely agree on not just one, but
two issues?!  (LOL)  I'm not suggesting you should be "impressed" or
anything.  But it is a notable moment...LOL

Re Hitler's - and his cronies' (let's not forget them!) - dirty works, the
actual estimated numbers (as if anyone cares?) are 5,500,000 Jews, over
100,000 Christians, and over 100,000 homosexuals, blacks, artists, etc.  As
suggested, these are only "basic" numbers, as the actual total number is
probably much higher (though I am unfamiliar with the "35-40 million"
estimate provided by Richard).  And as you point out (and Richard was not
suggesting is otherwise), EVERY life taken was equally precious, and equally
murder.  The only difference re the Jews was that he was actually attempting
to eliminate the entire RACE - not just a certain portion.

Ultimately, Hitler was an equal opportunity hater.

Re the Vatican and Jesus, I agree again.  Indeed, from a purely Scriptural
standpoint, the papacy itself is a heresy, as is the "position" of "Pope."
One would have to SERIOUSLY twist less than a handful of passages of
Scripture in order to support the papacy and the Pope.

As I have pointed out previously - and as you (and others) seem to
understand and agree with - Jesus was not attempting to start a new
religion: He was trying to teach the Jews (of which He was one) how to be
"better Jews" vis-a-vis the Scriptures, and how to "get out from under" the
hypocrisy and corruption of the Temple Priests, scribes and pharisees.  It
was only when He was rejected by the majority of Jews that He brought His
ministry to the gentiles.

In addition, neither Paul nor any of the other apostles or disciples were
attempting to create an "organized religion" around Jesus' ministry, death
and resurrection.  That was never the intention, even after Paul brought
"Christianity" to Rome.  Indeed, it was not until Constantine "legalized"
Christianity - over 200 years AFTER Paul and the rest of them were dead -
that the political forces began "organizing" Christianity, and the papacy
and Pope concepts came out of this.

And although Jesus might not actually "piss" on anyone, it is a certainty
that He looks upon "organized religion" much the same way that it is looked
on by non-believers who openly scorn it for its hypocrisy and corruption
(among other things), and believers who see its apostasy and heresy.

Peace.