[Mb-civic] Bush Sign Goes Down!

RJ Mac nycrjmac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 19:57:47 PDT 2004

Thanks for posting this anecdote.  I've been getting
pretty tired of the continuous stream of e-mailed
articles, and starting to doubt if anyone has any
original thoughts of their own.

Now, as for the well-being of this sign, I do not
think this is an admirable action, whoever did it.
While it should be paradoxical, instead it has become
blunt fact that the "Left" has become totally
intolerant to expression of any views outside of their
own.

The fevered climate of "I Hate Bush" that is swirling
around is, to me, becoming tedious and exasperating.
Is he a wonderful president? In my opinion, No.  But
the mindset of "hating Bush" has, in anyone I've
spoken to, no developed alternative, not one of the
"Bush Haters" I've spoken with can expresses any
informed support for Mr. Kerry, and they often have
almost as much negative to say about him. As one
friend said it, "I'd even vote for a hand-puppet over
Bush."  You see, I get no sense that there is positive
support in favor of John Kerry.  There is only the
fevered mania on the wind: hating the man in the seat
of responsibility.

Though I'm no fan of Mr. Bush, I've yet to hear which
shade of Utopia Mr. Kerry will usher in.

The main points I want to make in this entry are:

- by example of the destruction of the Bush sign, the
"liberals" have become incredibly close-minded and
alarmingly intolerant of free speech;

- "Bush Hating", as a political mindset, is an
incomplete, puerile mentality.  There must be a
subject which offers a solid, credible alternative to
base your faith in.  "anyone but Bush" is too easy,
it's lazy opinion without responsiblity.

-- I really value the personal input of live,
unpublished people, often more than the news
clippings, so I'm glad you posted, and hope others
will do more of it.

RJ
NYC