[Mb-civic] Keeping Score

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Sep 8 00:46:24 PDT 2004

Keeping Score

6th NYU Student Jumps To Death

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/07/national/main641542.shtml

I got tired of not knowing how many people die where, when, how, and why
all over the world, so I decided I would just start keeping score.

Lemme see what I got so far....

11,000 -   Iraqis, Iraq
3,000 -    Americans Etc, World Trade Centers, NYC
1,000 -     American Soldiers, Iraq
150 -        Schoolchildren, Russia
6 -          NYU Students, NYC

Well, I'll add some more later when I can find them.  So far Iraq is ahead
of NYU.

Wait, wait...  This one just in.  Smoking globally (according to World
Health Organization) causes 4,000,000 deaths per year, and in 25 years is
expected to cause 10,000,000 deaths per year.  But, of course, that didn't
stop most of America being bought off state by state for one-time payments
by The Tobacco Industry in exchange for never being able to bring future
litigation.

http://www.tobacco.org/news/91725.html

So:

4,000,000 (per year) -  Humans globally, Tobacco Lung Cancer Etc

Ok, so that puts the Iraqis in 2nd place now, with the WTC bringing up a
3rd, the American Soldiers bringing up a 4th, the Russian schoolchildren
bringing up a 5th, and the NYU students now in 6th place.

Well, keeping score might be somewhat interesting as far as knowing such
knowledge, but it doesn't look like that much fun the more I look into it.

Wait...  Wait a moment...  This just in...

Worldwide about 8,000,000 Babies die annually before their first birthday.

Ok, let's just revamp the score and see who's ahead now...

8,000,000  (per year) -  Babies globally, in first year, Respiratory
diseases, Diahhrea, Measles, Etc
4,000,000  (per year) -  Humans globally, Tobacco Industry Market
11,000 -   Iraqis, Iraq
3,000 -    Americans Etc, World Trade Centers, NYC
1,000 -     American Soldiers, Iraq
150 -        Schoolchildren, Russia
6 -          NYU Students, NYC

Ok...........

Ok, so far, the Babies are beating the crap out of everybody.

Wouldn't you know it would be just like them...  Give them a little
attention, and look what we get...  You would think they would have more
respect as we are laying our dicks out on our government and corporate
tables to see whose is bigger than to try to upstage us.  The nerve of some
people...

Wow, gee, I wonder who the next President is going to be.

I'm sure he'll fix everything.

What a fucking Lobby the Babies must have in D.C., eh...?  LOL...

Well, I'll add more numbers soon and see if anyone can topple the Babies
from the top of the mountain.

"Hey, is there anything good on HBO tonight....?"

"Wait a second, I'll see..."

Click.

"ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff....."

"Oh, wow..."

"Yeah, bogus, the cable's out..."

Knock knock knock knock....

"Who is it.....?"

Click.

"ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.........."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.