[Mb-civic] The Candle

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sat Sep 4 00:52:45 PDT 2004

The Candle

"And so there it was, kids, the candle.  Sitting in the middle of the
ocean.  No one knew how it got there.  It was just there.  Lighting up the
night.  They gave everyone a telescope and said 'Look.'.  Everyone looked,
and everyone saw the same candle, but from *just* the slightest different
angle...."

"Uncle Cheeseburger, what does that mean then....?"

"Uhh...   I can't remember...   hehehe..."

"Hehehehe......!!"

"Here...."

"Thanks, kids....   fffffwwwwssshhhhhhhhhhffff....."

"Are you *sure* you can't remember, Uncle Cheeseburger....?"

"(squeaky voice)  I'm tryin to remember, honest......   here....."

"Try harder, Uncle Cheeseburger....  ffffffwwwwssshhhhhhhfffff....."

"Ahhhhh.......   I remember now...."

"You do...."

"Well.... uhhh.... fwwwsssshhhhhhffff....  yeah, I do... hehe..."

"Hehehehe....."

"Yeah, it means something like why Earth is so screwed...."

"What does that mean...?"

"It means that there's only one candle, call it whatever you want, light,
freedom, truth, whatever, and interestingly enough everybody is looking at
it and seeing the same exact candle, but because they're all looking at it
from a *slightly* different angle, they can never seem to get together and
solve all the problems here and make the world a better place to live...."

    :|    :|

"Did you have some before you came here tonight, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Well, no...   Uh...  Well, just half of one..."

"Yer freakin our gourds out again, Uncle Cheeseburger..."

"Hehe...."

"Hehehehe........."

"Well, I'm goin back to bed, night, kids...."

"Night, Uncle Cheeseburger....."

Click.

"What does the candle story have to do with the RNC anyway....?"

"Heck if I know...."

"Me either...."

"Are all Republicans going to hell like Uncle Cheeseburger said...?"

"I dunno....  Maybe...  They did some pretty bad shit..."

"Yeah...  I know...  Do you think there's any Democrats there too...?"

"Well, if Uncle Cheeseburger knows anything, yeah, probably just as many as
the Republicans..."

"Hehe....."

"Hehehe......"

"chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp......."

"Oh, wow......."

"Yeah, he must be sick...."

"Yeah, that doesn't sound like him at all...."

"Put a little blanket over him..."

"He ate the last one...."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot...."

"Night, Judi..."

"Night, Jimi......"

"chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp
chirp chirp chirp chirp......................"

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.