[Mb-civic] Bush Ghost Writer Shows Truth About Father and Son

The Daily Mislead latest at daily.misleader.org
Fri Oct 29 13:02:42 PDT 2004

===============================
THE DAILY MIS-LEAD
< www.Misleader.org >
===============================

BUSH GHOST WRITER SHOWS TRUTH ABOUT FATHER AND SON

Mickey Herskowitz - a ghost writer for both George W. Bush and George H.W. Bush - has revealed startling information about both men, which he learned from extensive candid conversations with the 41st and the 43rd presidents. Herskowitz revealed the information in a series of interviews with investigative reporter Russ Baker, which Baker tape recorded.[1]

Baker's article reveals that "in 2003, Bush's father indicated to [Herskowitz] that he disagreed with his son's invasion of Iraq."[2]

George W. Bush was reluctant to talk to Herskowitz about his National Guard service. But Bush did tell him "that after transferring from his Texas Guard unit two-thirds through his six-year military obligation to work on an Alabama political campaign, he did not attend any Alabama National Guard drills at all, because he was 'excused.'"[3] Bush's comments to Herskowitz "directly contradicts his public statements that he participated in obligatory training with the Alabama National Guard."[4]

According to Herskowitz, "two years before the September 11 attacks, presidential candidate George W. Bush was already talking privately about attacking Iraq."[5] In 1999, Bush said to Herskowitz, "My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it. If I have a chance to invade.... if I had that much capital, I'm not going to waste it. I'm going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I'm going to have a successful presidency."[6]

Sources:

1. "Bush Wanted To Invade Iraq If Elected in 2000," Russ Baker, 10/27/04, http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=65894.
2. Ibid., http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=65894.
3. Ibid., http://daily.misleader.org/ctt.asp?u=1136375&l=65894.