[Mb-civic] NYTimes.com Article: Citing July Speech, I.R.S. Decides to Review N.A.A.C.P.

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Fri Oct 29 12:06:49 PDT 2004

This is outrageous and disgusting, this is supposed to be a free country
and now our govt. is using the old trick to investigate the NAACP for
tax exemption status because someone in the organization spoke out
against the Bush campaign.

Whew it gets worse everyday.... if I wasn't so mad I would be sad.

peace,
barbara
>From: michael at intrafi.com
>To: mb-civic at islandlists.com
>Date: Fri, Oct 29, 2004,
>Subject: [Mb-civic] NYTimes.com Article: Citing
>July Speech, I.R.S. Decides to Review N.A.A.C.P.
>Citing July Speech, I.R.S. Decides to Review
>N.A.A.C.P.

October 29, 2004
 By MICHAEL JANOFSKY

The I.R.S. told the association it had received information that its
chairman had conveyed "statements in opposition of George W. Bush for
the office of presidency."

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/29/politics/29probe.html?ex=1100056091&ei=1&en=0f9983f1cf7759af