[Mb-civic] Wiccan Witches Spook Up About Halloween Stereotypes

Casper maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Oct 24 00:59:09 PDT 2004

Wiccan Witches Spook Up About Halloween Stereotypes

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/22/national/main650922.shtml

(AP) It appears the Grinch has taken over Halloween in one Washington town.

School officials in Puyallup have decided to cancel all Halloween
festivities because they say it's taking up too much instructional time and
they want to avoid offending believers in the Wiccan religion.

The decision has angered many parents. Some plan to protest at a school
board meeting this Monday.

Geez, heh, first it was the bizarre Christian Right movement to ban
Halloween everywhere (that's still on in case you forgot, lol), and now
it's the Wiccans protesting about Stereotyping Costumes and cancelling
Halloween.

We just never get a break...

Trick or Treat........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

"Uncle Casper...!!"

"Yes, kids..."

"Halloween's still a week away..."

"Yeah, hehe, I know, but I just feel like every day is Halloween sometimes..."

"Hehehehe..."

"So did really some nuts tied in a barb-wire sack rightist Christian people
try to end Halloween in America because it was a pagan religion or
something originally, and the Wiccan people tried to shut it down because
it offended their religion because of the stereotyping that some of the
childrens' costumes portrayed...?

"Yes, yes they did..."

"So what happened...."

"Halloween ate them both..."

"Cool..."

"Yeah, hehe, it was a sight to see, with all of their "influence", a little
kid dressed up as a radish going door to door collecting candy once a year
beat the living crap out of all of them..."

"Cool....."

"Yeah, hehe, it was..."

"Hehehehe........"

"So Uncle Casper, though, you never told us who became President after
Kerry won, the Republican Party tried and hanged Bush on the White House
lawn to keep him quiet, they froze Bush, the Kerry win was declared
illegitimate by the Supreme Court, they unfroze Bush, fixed him and put him
back in the White House, Cheney shot Kerry on the Senate floor, Cheney had
Bush offed be a jungle guy with a curare tipped arrow, Cheney took the
Presidency, and Nixon came back from the dead and offed him with a frayed
electrical wire from a toaster....!!"

"Ah, hehe, yeah, I forgot....  fwwwssshhhhhhffff....  here kids...."

"Thanks, Uncle Casper...."

"Ok, so all that happened, and they took Cheney out and laid him to rest,
and lo and behold, the Supreme Court stepped in again and just appointed
Lou Grant from the Mary Tyler Show, and had Ted Baxter become
Vice-President, and Murray became National Defense Advisor, and so on..."

"Oh, hahahahahaha...  You can't fool us, Uncle Casper, we know better,
hehehehe..."

"Hehehe....  Yeah, heh, I know, you're a couple of smart little
kids...  Well, I'll save that story for another time.  Night, kids, and
remember, Halloween is only a week away...."

"Night, Uncle Casper, we won't...."

Click.

"So what are you going as this Halloween....?"

"I'm going as a right wing christian wiccan..."

"Ooooo....  scary...  hehe...."

"Yeah, I know, hehe....  What are you going as...?"

"I'm going as Dick Cheney..."

"Oh, crap, why do you always get the scarier costumes...?"

"I'm older...."

"Only by 23 seconds..."

"23 seconds is 23 seconds..."

"Oh, yeah, well, ok..."

"Ok...."

"Night, Jimi..."

"Night, Judi......."

The cricket softly blows out the candle from the pumpkin in the window of
his little cage, he stares at the wall, trying to remember what the stars
looked like...