[Mb-civic] Dig Them Up First, Then Apologize

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Oct 20 20:30:29 PDT 2004

Dig Them Up First, Then Apologize

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/wire/sns-ap-austria-israel,0,2347197.story?coll=sns-ap-world-headlines

I never have understood who people apologize to after they kill people.

The Living...?  The Dead...?

The Dead they killed are rather beyond apologies.

And to the Living loved ones that remain, an apology is almost as good as a
free pass to Disneyland.

I'll tell you one thing, they keep squawking up about "A Palestinian State
In 2005".

If it doesn't happen in 2005, it never will.

Of course, there's not really anyone left to hold them accountable for just
about anything, so talk remains just that, talk.  I'll believe it when I
see it "Created".

Other than that, I've been listening to this kind of crap from *all* sides
for half a century it seems.

All in all, though, I have a feeling that most Living people whom you have
killed their relatives, aren't really that interested in apologies at that
late date.

"Gee, sorry, lady, that we killed your kid.  Here, here's his hand, it was
all we could find...."

The only real courtesy would be to dig the Dead people up you've killed,
stare them squarely in the eyes, if you haven't blown those out of their
cranium yet, and offer a sincere apology, maybe even a prayer, before you
throw their lifeless corpses back into the graves.

That, at least, *might* mean something to someone.

Of course, most people who kill people in cold blood, especially from a
distance (as most of them do) and not in hand to hand combat up close, just
do not have the guts to stare the people in the face who they have killed.

It's too painful an experience for them.

And for goodness sakes, we wouldn't want to upset them.

If they got upset they might kill some more faceless nameless people.

And then make more meaningless apologies to people who can't even hear them.

Oh well, I'll be glad when next year they create the new Palestinian State
and all this will finally be over.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.