[Mb-civic] Rove testifies in CIA leak investigation

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Oct 17 23:11:44 PDT 2004

Rove testifies in CIA leak investigation

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/ny-usrove1016,0,2261579.story?coll=ny-prezelection-headlines

Partial transcript of the proceedings:

"Yes, so, your name is Karl Rove..?"

"Yes, yes it is..."

"Why do you spell your name with a K instead of a C, Karl...?"

"The fuhrer will rise again...!!"

"Ah, yes, ok, we see...  Hmmm...  Uh, Karl, if I may be allowed to call you
Karl..."

"Yes, yes you may..."

"Yes, well, do you or do you not know who leaked Valerie Plame's CIA
employment to the American Press, namely one Bob Novak, or did you yourself
have anything in even the remotest sense to do with it...?"

"Yes, yes it was me, I admit it..."

"Uh, I'm sorry, I don't think I heard that correctly.  You admit it, sir...?"

"Oh yes, what the f*ck, come on, let's just skip all this bullsh*t and get
to the meat.  I run this f*cking Presidency and I'm tired of having to sit
behind the scenes constantly and watch others get all the credit.  I'm sick
and tired of this kind of crap, and I'm comin' out, so you better get this
party started..."

"Ah, yes, ah, ok, we see.  Allright now... Uh, well, uh, the prosecution
rests, your honor.  Mr. Rove's own testimony has determined the truth, and
the Public is satisfied."

"The truth..!!  The truth..!!  You can't HANDLE the truth...!!!!"

"Uh, Mr. Rove, Karl, we've already rested our case..."

"**I** handle the "truth" around here, c*cks*ck*er, the reason people like
me exist is because all of you are too STUPID to handle the "truth".  If it
wasn't for me, this country would have been ruined long ago..!!!!"

"Uh, ok, yes, but we've still rested our case, Mr. Rove.  Your honor...?"

"Order order order in the court...!!" <gavel bang bang>

"I'll have a diet soda and an order of fries....!!"

"Bailiff, please remove Mr. Rove, and hold him in contempt of this
court.  He's out of order..."

"Out of order...!!  Out of order...!!  You're ALL out of order...!!  This
whole court is out of order....!!!!"

The bailiffs secure Mr. Rove and carry him kicking and screaming through
the doors to the holding cells...

George W. Bush walks the halls of the White House quietly, silently, alone,
everyone else is asleep, up and down he paces with the portraits of the
past Presidents staring at him from the walls...

"So, they got Karl," he mutters under his breath.

"I'm all alone now.  Karl was my Right Hand Boy.  What the hell will I do
without him.  Cheney's a rightwing slaver and on the ball, but Karl is my
balls.  I need Karl.  Why, God, did you do this to me at this time.  I've
got the war in Iraq and domination of the Middle East going pretty well
according to plan and then you go and pull the rug out from underneath me,
let them pop Karl, and stick me here all alone without an idea in the world
which way to go now..."

"You're not alone, George....."

"Who said that...?"

"It's me...."

George wheels on his heel and stares at the Nixon portrait.

"That's right, I'm still here, you didn't think they could *really* get rid
of me that easily, did you...?"

"Tricky Dicky......!!!!"

"In the flesh, George.  Now what can I do for you...?"

"They popped Karl.  He blew his monkey.  They're gonna fry him and I know
he's gonna spill his guts about everything and I'll be ruined instead of
going down as the best President ever to walk these hallowed halls of
Democracy, Justice, Equality, and Truth..."

"Is that all, George....?  Heh...  Allright, no problem, I can get you out
of this easily.  You got a cell phone...?"

"Yes, yes I do..."

"Call Henry....  You got his number...?"

"Kissinger...?  Of course I have his number...  Why didn't I think of this
before....?"

"You're still young, George, heh, you have a lot to learn....  Just call
Henry, he'll fix it for you.  I'm going now, George, but you'll always have
me to talk to here late at night.  Just remember, George, they can take the
President out of the White House, but they can never take the White House
out of the President...  Uh...  Well, something like that....  Night,
George...."

"Night, Dick..."

Nixon fades back into the portrait.  George paces the hall.  He reaches
into his pocket, pulls out his cell phone and calls Kissinger.  Ring ring
ring...

"Henry...?"

"Yes, who is this..."

"This is George..."

"George who......?"

"George...!!  Bush..!!  The President of the United States....!!"

"You're kidding....."

"No, no, it's really me.  They got Karl in a little room, I know he's going
to spill his guts, and I was just talking to Nixon and he said you would
fix everything, Henry..."

"You're kidding..."

"No, I'm serious...  When can we get together, Henry...?"

Click.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.