[Mb-civic] Investigative Journalist Seymour Hersh Spills the Secrets of the Iraq Quagmire and the War on Terror

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Oct 14 00:42:43 PDT 2004

Re:  Investigative Journalist Seymour Hersh Spills the Secrets of the Iraq
Quagmire and the War on Terror

I scribbled:

======
A fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi

A posse ad esse

Ad vitam paramus

Aegroto, dum anima est, spes esse dicitur

Ad astra per aspera

Alea iacta est

Ave atque vale

Acta est fabula, plaudite!
======

Heh, sorry, I didn't mean to appear as if I knew Latin or not, I was just
on that page in another window when I was writing like that, and it just
plopped on the page somehow fitting "As foreign as Latin" into some strange
correlation of the inability of people like Hersh, or any others for that
matter, to actually have a Majority of Americans read their words in their
lifetimes.

I found those phrases in the Latin section at

http://www.yuni.com   Great little place.

Heh, I dunno, it just felt good for some reason to "talk" in
Latin...  :|  Maybe an old incarnation coming to the top again....

This was the translation they had there:

A precipice in front, wolves behind (between a rock and a hard place)

 From possibility to actuality

We are preparing for life

It is said that for a sick man, there is hope as long as there is life

To the stars through difficulty

The die has been cast. (Caesar)

Hail and farewell. (Catullus)

The play is over, applaud! (Said to have been emperor Augustus' last words)

I dunno....  It just felt kind of fitting for some odd reason 3 weeks
before the whole world stops holding its breath, one way or the other, as
to whether our odds for "Redemption" have changed or remain at absolutely zero.

In 3 weeks, the play will be over.

The Game, however, will simply continue.

Thank you for playing.

Beep.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.