[Mb-civic] Aids / HIV created by the West

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Oct 11 16:28:30 PDT 2004

All:

I want to add something to what Bill says, and agree with him that, although
I also don't put it past our government to create and/or disseminate all
kinds of nasty things, I do not believe that HIV was one of these.

As you may all remember, the disease we know as "acquired immuno-deficiency
syndrome" - AIDS - was named in 1982, though, later on, it was discovered
that the first case of human HIV may have been as early as 1959.

>From 1987 to 1992, I worked in the legal department of a biotechnology
company that specialized in AIDS research.  Every journal, paper, treatise,
etc. published during that time went passed my desk, and I read a great deal
of it.  Although I was a "layman," I nevertheless understood much of what I
read, and became quite knowledgeable for a layman.

The company I worked for had a team of about ten scientists working solely
and specifically on AIDS research (as well as many others working on related
research).  Among these were Daniel Zagury (the WHO researcher who - in a
highly controversial move - injected himself with the killed AIDS virus to
see if he would develop antibodies), and a scientist who must remain
nameless right now, but who was, at the time, among the ten most respected
AIDS researchers in the world.

At the time, the prevailing theory was that the simian HIV virus had
"jumped" to humans, and that this occurred first in Africa(in one widely
held theory) because some African cultures eat monkeys.  (The scene in
Indiana Jones 2 comes to mind; "chilled monkey brains" anyone?)  In tracing
its origins in the West, the theory went that a research team, among whom
was at least one Haitian (who happened to be gay), participated in this, and
that the Haitian man brought it back to Haiti, and first transmitted it
among the gay Haitian community (which is where it did, in fact, start
before it got to the U.S.)

However, even if this is true, this does not answer the question of how the
virus mutated in the first place.  Enter my colleague who shall remain
nameless (no, his name is not Voldemort...)

Dr. Brown (not his real name) did some extensive research, and came up with
an extraordinary theory, but one that seems to be quite plausible.

There are many things - both in nature and otherwise - that can cause
mutations.  But among the most obvious is radiation.

Dr. Brown went back over the records and discovered an amazing corrolation
between the timing of the mutation of the simian HIV virus to a
human-susceptible form, and the dozens, if not hundreds, of atomic tests
done in the areas around South Africa in the mid- to late 50s.  (Remember
that the first known case appeared in 1959...).  He posits that the
radiation from those atomic tests mutated the simian HIV virus - that the
fallout was driven from the ocean inland, and initially settled on those
countries closest to the coast.

In point of fact, one need only look at a map of Africa and match the HIV
rates in various African countries.  Given that the atomic tests were done
primarily over the ocean on the eastern side of South Africa, the coastal
countries are South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania and Kenya.  Just inland
from these are Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Congo.  The closest country to
the west of South Africa is Namibia.

Is it any coincidence that these are the exact countries that have the
highest rates - both by population and by percentage of population - of HIV
in all of Africa?  I invite you to check the statistics for yourself.  They
are spot-on.

Thus, human HIV (and the AIDS syndrome that results) did not need to be
consciously and deliberately created; it was essentially created by the
arrogance and hubris of the West in its arms race.  Atomic fallout from the
tests was blown inland, and somehow mutated the simian HIV virus, which then
infected humans.  And it spread both globally - via air travel - and
"locally," with the statistics for HIV infection matching perfectly the
course that the fallout (and the resultant mutation of the virus) would have
followed.

Peace.