[Mb-civic] Sharon's Chief Of Staff Implicates U.S-Sharon In Blocking Of Palestinian State Creation

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Oct 6 20:05:00 PDT 2004

Sharon's Chief Of Staff Implicates U.S-Sharon In Blocking Of Palestinian
State Creation

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11236-2004Oct6.html

JERUSALEM, Oct. 6 -- A senior aide to the Israeli prime minister, Ariel
Sharon, said in an interview published Wednesday that Sharon's plan to
withdraw troops and Jewish settlers from the Gaza Strip had "frozen" the
Israeli-Palestinian peace process and guaranteed that Israel would never
have to remove 80 percent of its settlers from the occupied West Bank with
the "blessing" of the U.S. government.

The aide, Dov Weisglass -- until recently Sharon's chief of staff, personal
attorney and still one of his closest advisers -- said the primary goals of
the proposal to withdraw the 8,100 Jewish settlers from Gaza were to
strengthen Israel's hold on its more numerous settlements in the West Bank
and to freeze the political process as a way to indefinitely block the
creation of a Palestinian state.

"What I effectively agreed to with the Americans was that part of the
settlements would not be dealt with at all, and the rest will not be dealt
with until the Palestinians turn into Finns," Weisglass said in an
interview with the daily Haaretz newspaper. Under that formula, he
estimated that "out of 240,000 settlers [in the West Bank], 190,000 will
not be moved from their place."

Weisglass, who has been Sharon's point man in talks with the Bush
administration, said that the U.S.-backed peace plan called the "road map"
is dead. The plan calls for the creation of an independent Palestinian
state by the end of next year and is a cornerstone of President Bush's
Middle East policy.

The disengagement plan "supplies the amount of formaldehyde that is
necessary so there will not be a political process with the Palestinians,"
Weisglass said.

As a result, he said, "you prevent the establishment of a Palestinian
state, and you prevent a discussion on the refugees, the borders and
Jerusalem."

Wow, from the veritable horse's mouth, Sharon's own former Chief Of Staff,
Personal Attorney, Closest Advisor, and Point Man to The Bush
Administration over the entire "Road Map To Peace".

LOL...........   Frigging frigging frigging amazing.

Pure pig shit to the very end.

Israel:   "Yo, America, go fuck yourself, if you don't, we will......."

Tell me something I haven't known forever.

America, bend over, grab your ankles, and spread 'em wider, Israel's
shovin' it home.

Again.

Great article, very short one, read it all if you get the chance.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.