[Mb-civic] Cheney Stomps Edwards: Village Voice

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Oct 6 14:10:10 PDT 2004

Re:  Cheney Stomps Edwards: Village Voice

Edward A.Puckett wrote:

=====
I must say, if simply saying your opponent doesn't know what he's talking
about is the way to win a debate these days, then the art of debate is a
lost art.
=====

Amazing, isn't it, heh...  When you find yourself being something like the
"Vice-President" of the USA in a Debate with a challenger such as Edwards,
and you not only *feel* you have the "power" to sit there and counter any
arguments with "Hey, you don't know what you're talking about" and offer no
substance as a follow-up explanation to such a simplistic meaningless
remark, but *exercise* that power in front of Millions of viewers at home,
then, yes, in that perspective, "the art of Debate is dead".

We all know, however, that "the art of Debate" is not dead.

It's simply that "the art of Truth" is dead in this current Administration,
as it has been for quite some time now, and that "Debate" is simply not
tolerated by "These People", such as Cheney "The Master" of Non-Debate.

It's relatively no surprise that Cheney would simply incorporate Standard
Administration Policy of "You don't know what you're talking about, we do,
shut up" into an actual televised Debate.

It's rather horribly funny to watch it happen though.

Yet, he is so up to his own neck in all this "The Truth is irrelevant, take
our word for everything" slime quagmire what-have-you, and The Truth is so
far from being any kind of pillar this current Administration has based its
entire existence on, that he basically winds up with no choice, as he
doesn't really have any more real answers even mildly approaching The Truth
that will any longer support any of his positions on several matters.

The catastrophic part remains, however, that Cheney is "A Familiar Face",
besides being in "A Trusted Position Of Authority", the Vice-Presidency.

The man has been through several? Administrations holding several positions
during a huge expanse of time, including even at one time being Secretary
Of Defense.

Upon seeing a "Familiar Face", one that they have felt they could "Always
Trust", on their televisions, Millions of Americans tuned in to literally
cheer for Cheney, regardless of his complicity in all the messes he has
personally contributed to super-gluing the entire nation to.

And regardless of his "You don't know what you're talking about" major
"Debate Tactic", they swooned.   He remains "Their Man".

They "know" the guy.  He's been around a long long, very long time.  Which
remains one major thing wrong with just about everything.  People like him.

It's rather mind-boggling, at least to me, that Millions of Americans sat
in their living rooms during that Debate and shouted "Yes..!!  Give him one
for the Gipper..!!" when Cheney came out with the "You don't know what
you're talking about" stuff.

Even though *that* remains nothing near A Real Answer, especially in A
Debate, his equivalent of "You're ignorant, uninformed, shut the fuck up"
wowed a huge American audience and they sat there and shouted
"Yes..!!  That's our man..!!  Give it to him...!!!!".

That, to me, is the scary part, not that Cheney said it.

That a "Familiar Trusty Face" which *some* people have seen around in this
country for just about *forever*, can go on national television during a
Vice-Presidential Debate and utter as a complete explanation for something
"You don't know what you're talking about" and still wow Millions of
Americans, remains nothing short of sadly indicative of the vast amount of
indoctrination this nation has received, endured, over such an extended
period of time to "Always Respect People In Positions Of Authority No
Matter How Big Of Asses They Look Like On Television".

The bottom line remains, in this nation of brainwashed indoctrinated
trained monkeys, that it isn't *what* a Person Of Authority says to the
nation, it's that it *is* A Person Of Authority who we have all been
trained to Trust No Matter What stating it which is more important.

That national affliction remains at the crux of all of America's problems.

People like Cheney have been a literal Disaster for this Nation.

 From his incredible ties to Halliburton, his dealings in the Middle East,
his willingness to Lie Until Beyond The End No Matter What about just about
everything, his fighting America's Right To Know what went on such
inconsequential things such as Energy Policy Meetings which have
slaughtered us all, and the list is endless, the ones we know about, the
ones we don't know about, well, he, among others, have already managed to
stamp most of that "CLASSIFIED" until some time after the JFK papers Reagan
CLASSIFIED for 75 years come out, if they ever do.

"America's Right To Know Their Own Business" has been pre-empted by his and
people's like him "We Know What's Best For Everyone, Shut The Fuck Up, You
Don't Know What You're Talking About" at every turn of the journey.

They have set Democracy, Freedom, Justice, Equality, America, Whatever,
back into the 1950's, if we ever even escaped that mindset even for a few
brief moments as an Illusion.

"You Don't Know What You're Talking About" just about sums up their entire
ability to manipulate an entire nation away from its literal Independence.

And, of course, farther than that simplistic statement of his, no other
explanations are required.

This "New Bright America"...   Technology or no Technology, Etc, nothing
has really changed in half a Century.

Meet the New Boss.

Same as the Old Boss.

Oh wait, it *is* the Old Boss.

Nevermind.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.