[Mb-civic] Re: Check out these photos

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Tue Nov 23 12:31:02 PST 2004

Re:  Re: Check out these photos

========
I agree with what you say BUT they are still nice to me, I dare to
dream......
========

Here's the problem with that.  One needs to stand on top of the piled up
dead 100,000 Iraqi civilian men, women and children before beginning one's
"nice dreams" sequences or else the resulting data remains incomplete and a
perpetuation of the Propaganda the photos, displaying "our humaneness in
war", continue to propagate.

One can "dream" whatever one chooses.  Those photos remain nothing short of
Propaganda to show how human and humane Americans remain while blowing off
men, women, and childrens' heads.  We, some of us, including soldiers, some
of them, *are* humane.  These photos, however, remain a disgrace as outside
of their simplistic displays of "humaneness", they remain, undoubtedly,
nothing short of War Propaganda contrived specifically for that
purpose:  to show how humane we are as we are freeing people by blowing off
100,000 of their civilians' heads in the wrong war at the wrong time while
someone named bin-Laden is still sitting in a tent somewhere in Pakistan
sipping sweet tea in a tent with the cool breezes blowing through and the
moonlight shimmering off the desert sands.

=====
it has nothing to do with reporters being embedded by DOD
most of us see through that...
======

I'll have to disagree with that, most of us (A Majority) do not "see
through that".  Most Americans don't even know about that.  Period.  Or if
they did at one time, they have already forgotten all about it as the
average short term memory of an American about News Stories remains at
about a 2 week limit of retainment.  Nor are they people who have access to
the NYTimes, WashPost, Etc, cruise the Internet for News Stories (only 15
percent of all Internet Users bother to use it for News Retrieval), or
really give a damn about seeing the Truth about the atrocity and mistake
that Iraq Inc. has on and will continue to impact their childrens'
childrens' childrens' lives.  Perhaps "most of us" here on the MB Civic
list "see through that", but as far as "America", uh, well, that remains
the major joke of the day, all over the world.

========
and I have NOT given up hope that America
will wake up, a great portion of America IS awake and fighting like hell
to change things... that is what this list is about and much of the
other activism I participate in.
========

Yes, by all means, never stop fighting.

No matter how many Centuries they screw us, America, Democracy, Freedom,
Civil Rights, etc, we must keep on fighting, and giving them our tax money
to help defeat us.

Maybe some day they will become as "humane" as those photos and start
paying child support for all the hideous offspring their endless raping of
America and the World has produced.

Highly unlikely.

But fight nevertheless.

It gives us something to do amidst all the boredom and keeps us on our toes
as we're taking photos down the road from all the rotting bodies and the
stench blowing across the region which the cameras just don't pick up.

Another Kodak moment encapsulated in History forever.

Cheeseburger

- Where has Democracy gone now that the Republicans have chopped its dick off.