[Mb-civic] PY and BY statements

Little Birdie lbirdie at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:57:23 PST 2004

Lyle wrote:

>I just wonder why? If the license is availble for small schools and
>community theater, why is it so hard for a large venue to take it to
>America-

How I too would love to see Hair out there now, changing the world.
Unfortunately, it is only the Stock and Amateur rights that are currently
available. First and second class rights (one of which are what a lager
scale tour would need) are signed up. Seems likely that once the larger
scale production start happening (whether it actually materializes in the
long run or not) that S&A rights will also be closed down, so sadly, at this
time when we need Hair so badly, it won't be around.

Yet another reason, of many, to bemoan the fact that the Liberty tour was
killed.
Nina

The Hair Archives
http://www.michaelbutler.com/hair/holding/Hair.html