[Mb-civic] Earth's Fish Disappearing

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jul 27 14:47:36 PDT 2004

Max:

You said it!  And for those who want to know "how we got here" vis-a-vis the
environment and humankind's rape and plundering of the earth, I highly,
strongly, extremely recommend Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael" - one of the finest,
most important books ever written.

Your missive also brings to mind Agent Smith's "sililoquoy" to Morpheus as
he explains that humans are a "virus": we may be rooting for Morpheus, Neo
and the "good guys" at that point, but Agent Smith is nevertheless largely
correct in his position.

Peace.