[Mb-civic] Israel Targets Nader Over Comments

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Jul 26 20:43:11 PDT 2004

Israel Targets Nader Over Comments

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/Printer&cid=1088566594744&p=1078113566627

"What has been happening over the years is a predictable routine of foreign
visitation from the head of the Israeli government," Nader said. "The
Israeli puppeteer travels to Washington. The Israeli puppeteer meets with
the puppet in the White House, and then moves down Pennsylvania Avenue, and
meets with the puppets in Congress. And then takes back billions of
taxpayer dollars. It is time for the Washington puppet show to be replaced
by the Washington peace show."

Nader said that the US government, "if it was really interested" in
promoting peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, would work
more closely with the Israeli peace movement.

And, he added, "It is time for the US government to recognize that this is
not just a local conflict anymore. It is not just a regional conflict
anymore. It is a conflict that is producing flashpoints throughout much of
the world and endangering US citizens in those countries, US businesses in
those countries, US workers in those countries, and endangering our own
national security here. It is time for the US government to stand up and
think for itself."

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.