[Mb-civic] Big Oil Wields Ultra Deep Influence AND U.S. Pushed toRatify Deep Sea Treaty

Harold Sifton harry.sifton at sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 20 16:49:56 PST 2004

Yes I am aware of that Richard, I was just forwarding a concern.
It seems that no matter which party is in, America's thirst for fossil fuel
is infinite and unchanging by the vast majority.
With over a 100% increase in oil/gas prices in the past 3 years, there has
not been a change in purchasing habits by the American people/consumer. It
will take a change in American consumer needs/wants/habits before this
exploitation of resources will change, and I doubt that.
America is only 5 % of the worlds population yet it consumes well over 25%
of its resources, and that % of consumption is still growing.
So what are that 50 % who did not vote for Bush doing about their consumer
habits?
It is these consumerism habits/wants that drive these corporate/political
initiatives/exploitations!
If the need was not there, then these corporate monsters would fail or move
into the direction of the market that the people purchase in, i.e. wind
farms, organic fuel, bio diesel or what ever..........

Later H

PS When I say America, I do not refer to the political, I refer to the
general public.