[Mb-civic] Re: Vast Force Is Deployed for Security at Convention

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Thu Aug 26 16:51:46 PDT 2004

Hooray for your friend RJ and boo.... to Dick and Jane.  :-)

peace,
barbara
>Date: Wed, Aug 25, 2004, 7:40pm (EDT-3)
>From: RJ Mac <nycrjmac at yahoo.com>
>To: michael at intrafi.com, mb-civic at islandlists.com
>Subject: [Mb-civic] Re: Vast Force Is Deployed for
>Security at Convention

following is copy of an e-mail a playwright friend sent out on 8/18/04:
===========================
I just answered a knock at my door. I should say that the buzzer system
in my building is such that you can hear anyone being buzzed in and as I
hadn't heard a buzzer I assumed it was a neighbor. I opened the door to
a fresh faced young blond man and an equally polished young black woman.
Coming from the Northwest I assumed they were Mormon missionaries -
although they are in my experience very very seldom black. I was about
to ask how they got into my building without buzzing when they showed me
ID and identified themselves as FBI. As some of you know I live on Ninth
Ave about four blocks north of Madison Square Garden. I had put a "Dump
Bush" sign in my window - as I am on the third floor front it was
clearly visible to Ninth Ave traffic - but had taken it down this
weekend because it blocked too much light and my plants were beginning
to complain. Seems Dick & Jane (as I affectionately call them) were
offended by my sign which I pointed out wasn't even there at the moment.
They suggested that I not put it back up as it presented a traffic
hazard and that I could be arrested for public endangerment. I suggested
to them
- federal agents - that they should arrest me for a traffic nuisance and
that after I would buy a drink for one of them (the woman - not the guy
who was not my type - too white bread) to celebrate the vast sum I would
be awarded from my lawsuit. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I
am afraid I was a bit rude to Dick & Jane, I was laughing too hard to be
very polite as I rather firmly shut the door in their face.