[Mb-civic] NYTimes.com Article: Over Najaf, Fighting for Des Moines

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Aug 23 14:34:10 PDT 2004

Re:  NYTimes.com Article: Over Najaf, Fighting for Des Moines

A note from "Every Mother's Son" telling us how great it is to be over
there in Iraq saving American Cities from the nasty Insurgents.

I can't tell the difference between that guy's speech and a speech from the
White House.

"Pro-war in Iraq" to the bloody end.

"Fighting for Des Moines" indeed.

Hilariously tragic that an actual American can write such slop, as well as
a Military American.

Yet, no longer a surprise, at all.

A truly heart-rending exhibition of right wing pro-war slogans all tied
together.

"I'm fighting now so my son won't have to fight later."

"We marines are proudly apolitical, yet stereotypically right-wing
conservative. I'm both."   (Duh, lol...)

"...we traded stories about home, bragged about our wives and
kids."

"We're in the right."

If Condoleeza Rice and Karl Rove or someone like them didn't edit that
before it hit American shores, then Saddam Hussein is Mr. Green Jeans from
the Captain Kangaroo show.

What a mess they've made of the Middle East, and then you get right-wing
pro-war Propaganda from Marines stationed there "Fighting To Keep America
Free", and they print it in the New York Times.

Hogwash.

"America has not been hit with another catastrophic attack since 9/11. I
firmly believe that our actions in Afghanistan and Iraq are major reasons that
we've had it so good at home."

Phenomenal bullshit.

The problem with such pro-war drivel is that 50 percent of Americans will
buy into that bullshit if they read it.

Funny though, that United States Marine made no mention whatsoever of
American Bombs blowing Iraqi men women and children's heads off at wedding
parties, nor of the other 11,000 dead Iraqi men women and children which a
majority were basically murdered in cold blood with bombs from a jet a
billion miles up in the sky.

That must have slipped his mind as he was freeing America, reminiscing
about Rhino while smoking his cigars, and praising the current
Administration's rectal walls.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.