[Mb-civic] Re: losing customers

Barbara Siomos barbarasiomos38 at webtv.net
Sun Aug 22 20:07:30 PDT 2004

Discussions, debating that is what it is all about... What a world this
would be IF everyone had the same view point on varying issues in our
world. I enjoy your writings Ian as well as madbakers.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that
matter." ~

Martin Luther King
>From: "Ian" <ialterman at nyc.rr.com>
>To: <mb-civic at islandlists.com>
>Subject: Re: [Mb-civic] Re: losing customers madbaker:
I sincerely apologize if something I said caused you to believe that you
are somehow my "enemy." Not true. Nor am I in any way trying to "score
points" in any sort of "competition" with you vis-a-vis our differing
beliefs. Indeed, if I am a part of something that is causing people to
leave Civic, I would leave it myself so as to cause no further damage.
But, as Michael and Karen point out, I do not think that either of us is
doing so. We are disagreeing - if sometimes somewhat vigorously - but
that does not put us in competition or make us enemies or mean that
either of us is contributing to the downfall of Civic.

>From a political perspective, I doubt that you and I are very far apart
at
all: indeed, I "enjoy" (though that may not be the right word) and
generally
support your cynical view of the current geo-politik. Indeed, I may
actually believe it's even worse than YOU posit, because my political
leanings are probably even more "conspiracy theorist" than yours.
>From a "religious" perspective, it is clear that we come from two very
different places. But the fact that we disagree does not - and should
not - define any "relationship" we have via Civic. Heck, we could get
even MORE "down and dirty" in our "mutual mud-slinging" (LOL), and that
would still not mean anything more than that we continue to disagree,
and are unlikely to change the other one's views on the issue.
Rest assured that I welcome, indeed cherish, your opinions, even when I
fervently disagree with them. And if ever we meet, I would greet you
like a brother, with a huge hug and a big smile. And they would both be
genuine.
Peace.