[Mb-civic] !!!!!!

Ian ialterman at nyc.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 18:50:04 PDT 2004

Robin:

Thank you for the kind words.  If anything I do helps to further a
discourse, or get people to think - or even better (as Mary Louise
suggests), feel - then I am thrilled and humbled to have done so.  I was
just concerned that the discussion would "devolve" into something of a mess
(and a non-political one at that), and I would have felt responsible had it
done so.

As I'm sure everyone has noticed by now, there is a reason that I end all my
e-mails with

Peace.