[Mb-civic] Embedding The Press With U.S. Police Against "Dangerous Anarchist Protestors"

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Aug 18 12:27:47 PDT 2004

Embedding The Press With U.S. Police Against "Dangerous Anarchist Protestors"

http://www.villagevoice.com/thebushbeat/

"This was the first big event for Homeland Security (Miami), which includes
a whole host of federal agencies including Coast Guard and Customs and
things like that," Timoney crowed. "It really was the first real,
realistic, if you will, run-through to see how it would work. And it worked
pretty well."

Now reporter Kathleen Hughes noted that "the Miami police worked with
Washington to gird against any potential terror activity. Timoney says they
also spent months training to defend the city against a small group of
troublemakers—he calls them anarchists."

"I'm a reporter with New Times," I said to the brown-shirted behemoth in a
helmet who hovered over me. I pulled out my press pass, which included a
color photograph of me.

"Put your hands behind your back," the cop ordered without looking at what
I held in my hand.

I have a feeling that the vast leagues of law enforcement amassing in NYC
are not really there to defend anyone against "Terrorism", but rather to
defend The Republicans, The American Media, and The American People from
the "Dangerous American Anarchists" people used to mildly label as
"Protestors".

It's going to be a real fiasco, kids.......

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.