[Mb-civic] ACLU Files First Nationwide Challenge to “No-Fly” List

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Aug 18 06:15:35 PDT 2004

Re:  ACLU Files First Nationwide Challenge to "No-Fly" List

Barbara Siomos wrote:

"What an imagination you have"

Oliver Wendell Holmes
Man's mind once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimension.

John Pfeiffer
Imagination continually frustrates tradition, that is its function.

Joseph Joubert
He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

Thomas Edison

Picasso
Everything you can imagine is real.

Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge.

The basis of action is lack of imagination. It is the last resource of
those who know not how to dream.
- Oscar Wilde

Real poverty is the loss of imagination.
- Denyce Graves

Imagination is as vital to any advance in science as learning and precision
are essential for starting points. Let me warn you to beware of two
opposite errors: of letting your imagination soar unballasted by facts, but
on the other hand, of shackling it so solidly that it loses all incentive
to rise.
- Percival Lowell

The genius of Man in our time has gone into jet-propulsion, atom-splitting,
penicillin-curing, etc. There is none over for works of imagination; of
spiritual insight or mystical enlightenment. I asked for bread and was
given a tranquilizer.
- Malcolm Muggeridge

To treat your facts with imagination is one thing, to imagine your facts is
another.
- John Burroughs

I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination
or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive.
- Man Ray

When I was a kid, I used to imagine animals running under my bed. I told my
dad, and he solved the problem quickly. He cut the legs off the bed.
- Lou Brock

:)

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.