[Mb-civic] Greg Palast on Chavez and Venezuela

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Wed Aug 18 05:52:40 PDT 2004

Re:  Greg Palast on Chavez and Venezuela

Great article.

Now, if you go and read the latest press releases/comments from "Our State
Department/White House" in the news stories in all the "mainstream"
newspapers etc internet etc across America and the World, *their* "version
of the story" makes Greg Palast seem like he took too much acid.

And *that*, kids, is scary.

Just like so much of =all= of the rest of "It" keeps appearing to be
scarier and scarier.

People usually don't recognize that their own country has been taken over
until it is much too late.  The only problem we have with America is that
it was taken over long before the current Bush got into office, and
everyone just sat on their hands watching it happen.  At least apparently
"everyone" who was even mildly in a position of power to actually do
anything about it.

Including America's media.

And the Media is *still* sitting on its hands, for the most part.

*That* is truly scary.  To watch a country's media, as their country gets
further and further cemented into an irreversible strain of
Totalitarianism, sit on their hands, sip coffee, and tell jokes with the
thugs, waiting to pick up their paychecks every Friday.

Here's a chilling prediction which I hope never comes true.

Bush wins in November.

Don't ask me how.  How did he win in 2000..?  He'll find some way to repeat
the same scenario.  For all I know they have software in those voting
machines that drops every 3rd vote for anyone but Bush and after several
hours erases any trace of such programming (stranger things have been
programmed, kids).  And, of course, conveniently no paper trail to recount
votes even if America wanted to for some stupid paltry unimportant reason
during inconsequential events such as presidential elections.

Then we can all comfortably sit back and watch as America finishes becoming
a Total Security Country like Israel instead of a Democratic Society.

And the legislative, judicial, and executive branches, along with our
Media, will simply pretend not to notice anything out of the ordinary
happening.

Just like now, except much more fun.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.