[Mb-civic] Lawful Resistance to Occupation in Najaf

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Thu Aug 12 22:21:49 PDT 2004

Re:  Lawful Resistance to Occupation in Najaf

"Contrary to Bush's claim that his regime change in Iraq has produced a
more stable Middle East, his actions have opened a hornet's nest of death
and destruction."

Great.  And you're TruthOut and I'm Cheeseburger, and that basically still
leaves us nowhere.

With a Media who is afraid to (and in collusion) jump in in opposition to
an illegal, and the wrong war waged against someone we already knew where
they were which has blown "al-Qaeda" into superstardom from bellhopdom,
because they want to dastardly literally hedge their bets just in case Bush
wins so he won't be mad at them if and when he does.

11,000 dead Iraqis.  1,000 dead Americans.  *That* means *absolutely
nothing* to either the Governments (name one) nor The Media (name one),
unless they can make a profit off of it.

And with 50 percent of Americans who still think we're winning the war,
that it's the right war, and that after this war, al-Qaeda and bin-Laden
will probably just surrender since they're so scared now, again, that
leaves us with you being TruthOut and me being Cheeseburger.

And nothing more.   Whatsoever.

Neither one of us which can reach even 50 percent of America, much less all
of it, or even just a paltry quarter of it.

Hell, even the NY Times and the Washington Post don't even reach a quarter
of America put together.  Not that it would do any good at this late date.

Which leaves you screwed, me screwed, the Iraqis screwed, the Middle East
screwed, and America, well, America was screwed long ago, so that too is
news even the Americans themselves can't get their Media to report
unbiasedly, much less even just report in the first place.

War.  There will always be "insurgents", somewhere, whether there are any
real insurgents or not.  War means Big Money for the warmongers in
Governments and the warmongers who are ex-Government etc and all their
warmongering profiteering Cottage Industries.  Peace..?  Hilarious.  Heck,
we can't even get even just Israel (still a key player in all this) to even
recognize that such things as the U.N. or the Geneva Convention even
*exists*.  LOL.  We can't even get our own guys to either, so go figure, LOL.

Therein lays a Major Problem.

Which, regardless of who is screwed (we all are), that always brings us
back to Ted Turner's little letter, and "who owns the Media", and why they
continue to fuck America up the ass while charging us for Pay Per View and
basic cable and etc.

It's so funny.  ( "ha ha" :| )  It's like America is The Media's whore, but
they make the whore pay when they fuck us.

I think America needs a new pimp.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.