[Mb-civic] FW: re. Michael Moore

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Sun Aug 8 16:13:06 PDT 2004

FW: re. Michael Moore

Christopher Hitchens at his best.

LOL........

Isn't this the same guy that scathed Mel Gibson's film "The Passion" over
the coals unmercifully using such words in the process as "Fascism?
Probably"....?

Yes, yes it is.

I like some of Hitchens other works, but when he gets his head up his butt,
it appears that he *really* gets his head up his butt.

And only the intellectual equivalent of LSD appears to be able to dislodge it.

It sounds like Hitchens, the guy who appears by his writings to desire to
be seriously considered a character and credit reference for Chalabi (that
wonderful "people person"), is just jealous that Moore's movie hit an
all-time high that none of Hitchens will ever approach.

Unless one counts his film about Kissinger (aka Dr. Strangelove).

Or else he just sat on a broken coca cola bottle one day, refused to have
it treated, and then mysteriously began to write "columns".

Hitchens *does* make some good points, but in his dissertation trying his
best to discredit Moore's "misstatements and non-truths" inbetween heavy
panting about "The Coalition did the right thing", he fails to even mildly
approach any of the actual reasons as to why and how this entire "Middle
East Thing" has blown to such "cataclysmic proportions".  Nor who was
involved and why.  Nor the actual History that led up to it all (which is
surprising since he's such a "History Buff").  Nor that "we" were after
someone called "bin-Laden" before we blundered into Iraq.

Those, among other pertinent Facts, appear to be irrelevant for even mild
consideration when "critiquing" someone else's movie that Hitchens wish he
had made first.

As "world powers" (and their implications in the historical "contributions"
each has set forth on the table) such as Saudi Arabia, America, Israel,
Russia, England, France, Etc (the list is almost endless, isn't it..?) have
brought us to this very precipice of Hell In Real-Time In The Middle East,
Hitchens focuses his energy, intent, and malice on a movie's "lies", rather
than the "world powers" the little movie sparsely attempts to vaguely
challenge in the court of "world opinion".

Hitchen's stalwart support and praise of people like Chalabi, and his
endless stance that "The Coalition did the right thing by invading Iraq",
would almost seem more important to "critique", rather than the work of a
movie maker, who unlike Hitchens, doesn't have his columns circling the
globe in an endless stream of "triumphant intellectualism" which basically
accomplishes about one-millionth of the task that "911" has so far.

Errors or no errors.

Hitchens appears to be so thoroughly immersed in "the disposal of Michael
Moore's credibility" and with "defending the ultra-right new demigods from
Moore's filmatic "mistakes" " (along with people like Chalabi "a really
really nice guy..!!") that I seriously think Barbara Bush may have
mystically invaded his body late one night after he dozed off to
columnist-land.

It appears that Hitchens is of the ilk that believes that "we" have done
the right thing by invading a country, Iraq, which we already had so sewn
up with no-fly zones that a mosquito couldn't move without us noticing it,
while bolstering al-Qaeda's and bin-Laden's worldwide credibility and
prominence in the process as they sit in Pakistan under a tent with a cool
breeze flowing through it sipping sweet tea.

It also appears that he considers "our" efforts of using "Diplomacy With A
Bullet" to "Bring Democracy Firmly To The Middle East" are working and that
we should just sweep across the entire Middle East and democratize
"everybody" while we "have the chance".

And re-instate Chalabi as the leader of Iraq in the process.

Trust "us", Hitchens, the "chance" is always there.  We'll try not to
disappoint you.

Poor Michael Moore.

With "enemies" like Hitchens, your success is guaranteed forever in the future.

Thanks again for making the movie, Mike, mistakes and all.

Something Hitchens will only dream about doing for some time to come......

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.