[Mb-civic] U.S. Can Find a Model for Iraq in Today's India LATimes

Cheeseburger maxfury at granderiver.net
Mon Aug 2 05:04:58 PDT 2004

Re:  U.S. Can Find a Model for Iraq in Today's India LATimes

"Whether Iraq, like India, can defy the odds remains to be seen, but Iraq's
leaders could certainly look east for some useful lessons."

Iraq is having a rather hard time looking east, west, north or south at the
current moment due to a gulag system set up across the region, with
urine-soaked bags over their heads, wires attached to their testicles,
while being taunted by Israeli interrogators, tortured, murdered, and
fucked up the ass with a broomstick by people singing "Democracy,
Democracy, How We Love Thee...".

All set behind the pristine stage of a puppet government set up by people
who concocted reasons to invade their country to begin with.

And all blessed by the CIA, the Pentagon, England, and America the Beautiful.

With a few 10's of thousands of their people dead now from a concocted war
to find some guy who is hiding almost closer to India than Iraq, I doubt
seriously if they are going to be able to shed their violent rage against
an invading force and the "beautiful flower of Democracy" they have brought
them to cherish and care for anytime soon.

Much less be able to embrace "The Gift" and look east, west, north or south
for "examples".

Mostly they are just looking down at graves with a sign on each one that
says "Made By Democracy" these days and learning to hate us as much as they
hated Hussein.

The "lesson from India" is all well and good, but you don't currently have
an invading force from Democracy Land occupying your country, setting up
CIA operatives as your New Leaders at the head of a puppet government,
while a gulag system reins supreme across your land torturing and killing
people as they fuck little 10 year old boys up the ass with a broomstick,
and people like Halliburton ripping your butt off while you're mumbling
over 10's of thousands of graves of your countrymen and you hear "Democracy
Is Your Friend" coming over the loudspeakers of humvees while what's left
of your media broadcasts "Don't worry, we're not after your oil, we're your
friends, bang bang whoosh boom".

Among other things occurring there.

Oh, but wait, you did at one time, England was your "friend" for such a
very long time.

And now you barely have your head above water, as if, waiting most likely
for some madman in Pakistan to lob a nuclear missile on top of New Delhi
some day as your people on the street sell their internal organs for a cup
full of rice.

I love "lessons", especially when they're actually blithely printed in
American newspapers.  But for the life of me I can never understand why
they never include all the raw details of a situation that make the
"lessons" completely impossible.

It's like ordering a mail order course in Politics, but when it arrives you
discover that only half the pages have printing on them.

It's probably a great book, but nobody can learn anything from it because
the publishers are inept.

Cheeseburger

- Where has the sparrow gone now that I need its song.