[Mb-hair] [Fwd: From Corinne Broskette

Nina Dayton dayton3 at rcn.com
Sat May 13 08:32:24 PDT 2006

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Fw: Screen Actors Guild Member Legislative Alert: Help Fight
Individual FCC Fines
Date: 	Sat, 13 May 2006 11:04:00 -0400
From: 	venuetheatre at juno.com
To: 	dayton3 at rcn.com

Important for the site>
will not take in this form, cut and paste as necessary
Everyone needs to find their own senator.
Corinne

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD MEMBER LEGISLATIVE ALERT

Guild President Alan Rosenberg recently testified in Washington D.C.
before the Senate Commerce Committee and urged lawmakers to oppose
legislation that would increase FCC indecency fines for individual
performers to $500,000. Rosenberg has since returned to Washington D.C.
and met with several key senators to explain the disastrous impact these
fines would have on actors. Now we need your help.

·         Take action today to fight onerous FCC fines for individual
creative artists...send your message today.

Please email your U.S. Senator, who is part of the Senate Commerce
Committee (see links below) between now and May 17 and urge him/her to
OPPOSE any legislation for FCC performer fines.

Here is a Sample Message:

Dear Senator...

I am a constituent, a voter, and an actor. As a proud member of Screen
Actors Guild, I urge you to oppose any legislation calling for fines
against individuals. As an actor, I am hired to perform roles as
instructed by my employers. The notion that we can be subject to a
$500,000 fine for doing our jobs on scripted programs is outrageous.

Please protect me, and every other American, from these outlandish
fines. SAY NO TO INDIVIDUAL FINES!

Sincerely,

How to Contact Your Senator:

Use the following link for your Member of the U.S. Senate Commerce
Committee 2006:

·   Bill Nelson (Florida)- http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm

---
For address changes, removals, and misdeliveries, please follow the
procedures at:
http://www.sag.org/Content/Public/Email_OptOut.htm