[Mb-hair] ugh

Laurie Hodges laurie at cubedsquared.com
Wed May 3 05:01:31 PDT 2006

I am horrified to know that there are still 'teachers' out there that feel it is ok to pass judgement and criticize instead of presenting facts and having no opinion and letting young adults learn how to make choices and decisions of their own.  Absurd!  And this was a literary class??? Of all things- -to have an OPINION about a piece that a person chooses - -is a complete contradiction of what 'teaching' is all about.  But then again....... that alone could lead to a year long discussion with zero resolution so I'll shut up now.

I was introduced to, inspired by and Hair BECAUSE of school - -how ironic that one institution can encourage it and another find it so 'wrong' -- and we wonder why our society's thought PROCESS is so flawed as a whole.  I suppose if there weren't contradictions, the world would be too predictable for most.
Stick to your guns Mike and I'm sure your poster will be amazing!

Peace-
Laurie