[Mb-hair] Re- ill bet the russian thing is going to be amazing

John Zuehlke jpzuehlke at prodigy.net
Thu Mar 23 04:15:00 PST 2006

While I did not see the live production of "Dionysus in '69," I have viewed
the movie of it.

Here are the details of the movie:

Title: "Dionysus in '69"
Produced by: Sigma III Corporation
Directed for the stage by: Richard Schechner
A Film by: Brian DePalma (yes, that Brian DePalma!), Robert
Fiore, & Bruce Rubin

Cast:
Remi Barclay
Samuel Blazer
Jason Bosseau (?)
Richard Dia
William Finley
Joan McIntosh
Vicki May
Patrick McDermott (?)
Margaret Ryan
Richard Schechner
William Schepher (?)
Ceil Smith

With:
Judith Allen
Cara Crosby
Gwendolyn Galsw.. (?)
Rozanne Levine
Ron Schenk
Charles Strag (?)

Environment by:
Michael Kirby
Jerry Rojo

Film Production Assistants:
Bard DePalma
Warren Silverman
Danny Weiss

Based on a 1959 translation of Euripides' "The Bacchae" by William
Arrowsmith.

If you have any specific questions about the show, please post them.  It was
a rather radical production in that the audience was seated at various
levels with the actors often performing from within the audience area.  It
also contained some moderately explicit sexuality.

If you are interested, there was a quite remarkable production "The Bacchae"
that was adapted and directed in Los Angeles by Brad Mays.  I believe that a
video of this 1997 production is in the archives of the Kennedy Center.

Hope this helps.

Blessed be with peace, love, freedom, and happiness!

John

Original message (compacted):