[Mb-hair] Hair at CSUN

Garry Lennon garry.d.lennon at csun.edu
Sun Mar 19 15:27:23 PST 2006

Hello all,

I wanted to take a moment just to say hello  - my name is Garry Lennon and
I'm directing Hair at California State University.  We've finished our first
two weeks of rehearsal and are having an amazing time.  The cast is a great
bunch of students, amazingly talented and dedicated.  We did finally pick a
tribe name last week but it was a long process.  The tribe name is Waabi
Kiizis which  is Algonquin for "see sun."  That is the direct translation,
while it can also be seen as to acknowledge, or let the sunshine in.  We may
be paraphrasing the language but it works on several levels - the acronym
for our school is CSUN (California State University Northridge) - so our
tribe is "those that see the sun" or See sun or CSUN.

I hope to meet or see many of you at the show but it has also been great
being a part of this cyber tribe too.  I really enjoy all the postings and
having sharing most of them with the tribe.

Take care!

Garry