[Mb-hair] MEXICO HAIR FACTS Mb-hair Digest, Vol 21, Issue 16

venuetheatre at juno.com venuetheatre at juno.com
Fri Mar 17 08:00:42 PST 2006

OK for those of you who are speculating, here is the scoop from one who
was there.
What ever the underlying reason, we were told it was because of the NUDE
SCENE.
The mexican cast members were allowed to do it, but if the imported cast
did, we were going to be closed.

We were told that we would be closed anyway because they had stopped our
working papers, so we did the scene (during walking in space).

WE DID ONE PERFORMANCE
The theatre was padlocked in the middle of the night.
We partied at Alfredo's club.
We were a hit.  Everyone loved us.

We were arrested in the middle of the night or early morning the second
day, we were surprised they had not done it the same day.  I would have
escaped except some dummy told the cops where I was living.  Not everyone
was at the same hacienda, we were spread out over Alcupulco.  Luckily
Gerry and Jim avoided the police by hiding under Danny Hurd's bed.

  We were only held for a few hours, we signed papers agreeing to leave
the country within 24 hours.  Those papers were dated the day before, so
we were already in violation and therefore went into hiding for a week in
the mountains outside Mexico City.   Plus Alfredo and Bertrand throught
they might be able to work it out and get the show back up.  Alfredo went
broke on this.  As a matter of fact, because I had saved all of my pay, I
put $1200 into the kitty to get enough airfaire together for us US actors
to go home.  (no I did not get my investment back).

Alfredo lost his club over all of this.  He was a very nice man.  His
brother Jorge was our attorney.  I stayed in touch with them for years
but have lost track of them.   I believe they were related to Maria
Calles.

So there is the real story, which I believe was mostly covered in my
original narrative which is in Jinathon Johnson's book "Good HAiR Days"

Any other questions I will be happy to answer before speculation gets out
of control.

Corinne

** Venue Theatre Collective and  Actors Studio  is a not for profit
501(c)(3) Corporation, founded in 1992.
ALL MAIL TO THE OFFICE:  5124 Ninth Avenue N, St Petersburg, FL 33710.
THE STUDIO is in MAINLANDS PLAZA, 9125 US 19 N, Pinellas Park (at
Mainlands Blvd.) 1 mi N of Gandy/Park Blvd.  727-822-6194  cell
727-656-8525
Visit our web site at www.VenueActorStudio.org