[Mb-hair] Your Collection of Hair albums

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Sun Mar 12 13:48:28 PST 2006

On 03/12/2006, Michael Ramirez wrote:

> What Hair albums do you guys have?

Ahh, finally a topic I can relate to! :)

VINYL:
off-Broadway cast...an original pressing and a reissue...
quadrophonic Broadway cast recording
original London cast, US pressing
Fresh Hair
Divine Hair / Mass In F (my personal favorite), autographed by Robin  :)
Movie soundtrack
Israeli cast
French cast
Japanese cast (those Japanese effing ROCKED too!)
DisinHAIRited (it was still-sealed with the obi when I bought it for fifty
cents a few years ago!)

REEL-TO-REEL:
original London cast, US pressing, autographed by Rado
DisinHAIRited (I don't have a reel-to-reel deck, so a friend transferred it
to me -- either there was something weird going on with his equipment, or
the reel version has extra reverb)

CD:
Movie soundtrack (1999 reissue)
the London most-of-original-cast-plus-some-of-Fresh-Hair CD
London 1993
Original Mexican cast
Original Australian cast
Broadway Musical Company, recorded live in Sweden
2003 Broadway/Off-Broadway reissue [I'd count the 1988 reissue, but it's
really my wife's copy that she bought before we ever met!]

I also have cassette dubs of a few other things, like the Let The Sunshine
In tribute/cast recording combo from 1997 and the original German cast...

Oh...and put this into a playlist in your iPod:
Overture from 2003 Broadway/Off-Broadway CD
Aquarius -- movie version but gong from Broadway Musical Company
Donna/Hashish -- Broadway Musical Company
Manhattan Beggar -- DisinHAIRited
Sodomy -- movie soundtrack
Colored Spade -- Broadway
Manchester -- Fresh Hair
I'm Black/Ain't Got No -- Japanese cast
Dead End -- Japanese cast
Sheila Franklin/Reading The Writing -- DisinHAIRited
I Believe In Love -- Fresh Hair
Ain't Got No reprise -- Broadway
Air -- Broadway Musical Company [I LOVE the reggae treatment!]
I Dig -- DisinHAIRited
Initials -- Broadway
Hello There -- DisinHAIRited
I Got Life -- Broadway
Mister Berger -- DisinHAIRited
Going Down -- DisinHAIRited
Hair -- off-Broadway
My Conviction -- Broadway
I'm Hung -- DisinHAIRited
Easy To Be Hard -- off-Broadway
Frank Mills -- Broadway
Be-In -- Broadway Musical Company [this version interpolates "Don't Put It
Down"]
Where Do I Go? -- Divine Hair
Electric Blues -- from the 2004 concert in NYC
Oh Great God Of Power -- Fresh Hair
Black Boys / White Boys -- Broadway
Walking In Space -- first part from Broadway Musical Company, remainder ("my
body is walking in space" to the end) from movie
Abie Baby -- from the 2003 reissue of the Broadway cast
One Thousand Year-Old Man -- DisinHAIRited
So Sing The Children On The Avenue -- Fresh Hair
Three-Five-Zero-Zero -- Divine Hair
What A Piece Of Work Is Man -- Divine Hair
Mess O' Dirt -- DisinHAIRited
Good Morning Starshine -- movie soundtrack
You Are Standing On My Bed -- Fresh Hair
The Bed -- DisinHAIRited
Exanaplanatooch -- DisinHAIRited
The Climax -- off-Broadway
Washing The World -- DisinHAIRited
The Flesh Failures -- Broadway Musical Company

One thing that's really cool about Hair is that if you sequence all the
songs together -- used and unused -- you can pretty much get the entire
story, who the characters are, what happens to them, what they're thinking,
etc.

dauber at banana-and-louie.org
 * ICQ: 28677921 * YIM: dau_ber * AIM: ddaauubbeerr
blog: http://scattered-frog.blogspot.com