[Mb-hair] HAIR: Birth and Death

Michael Harris wmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 6 14:47:00 PST 2006

Happy birthday Doc! (that's Bill.)  What's up?

And to Elizabeth E. - that was my brother George III, not my Dad (also George, but George II) stuffing the flowers in the guns.  You were fortuate to have witnessed it first-hand.  My dad got in a good one during a visit to us here in Seattle during the first Gulf War and Bush #1.  He scribbled a note on a yellow Post-It and stuck it to his jacket.  It read, "Impeach Bush, the Mad Dog Killer!!!"  People took notice, especially my wife's boss, a lifelong Republican.

George the First (my grandfather) was a talented painter who fought in World War One.  He died at age 39.
Geroge Jr (my dad) was 84 when he passed away last month. He served in the Air Force during WW2.
George III (aka Hibiscus, the gun stuffer) died at 32 and protested the Vietnam War.

One of these days I'll write about all three of them - three very different artists who share the same name.

And to all - thanks for your warm wishes of condolance on the passing of my wonderful father.

Peace and love,

WMH
Seattle