[Mb-hair] Hoaxes

fotoblue at flash.net fotoblue at flash.net
Wed Feb 22 14:24:36 PST 2006

This is exactly how pyramid schemes work...

the best is NEVER to forward a message.
if in doubt, go first to check the various urban legends sites!
weepy stories and "too good to be true" stories are easy to spot as hoaxes,
some are a bit more tricky.
After a while - and reading  reports on the urban legends sites!! -
you have red  flags popping up and bells going off immediately,
when you receive one of those messages.

A dead giveaway: veiled threats that something terrible will happen,
if you don't send the message to at least 10 people immediately.
This includes prayers to saints etc!!
My advice: ignore and toss into the trash!

For a while I have replied with this sentence to the most annoying of those
chain letters:
>>Here's my good luck prayer for you:
 May the fleas from a thousand camels infest your crotch
and may your arms be too short to scratch.>>

yes, it's nasty, but effective. I am getting  far fewer messages now.

;-)

Dagmar

PS do feel free to answer this one!

xxooxx