[Mb-hair] Hello Hair List/Quad Recording

Sean Courtney dauber at banana-and-louie.org
Thu Feb 16 18:45:01 PST 2006

Quoting Little Birdie <lbirdie at hotmail.com>:

> Welcome Jeff! So glad to have you join us. I'll keep an eye out for a
> Quad recording. I am sure I too have seen a photo of one, so I'm sure
> it existed.

It definitely did exist -- I have a pretty clean copy in my collection
that I got for dirt cheap at a used record store about ten years ago. I
don't have a quad setup so I could never fully appreciate it, but I do
remember playing it and noticing a few things that stood out, like how
there are pretty noticeable chicken sounds during "Abie Baby" that were
buried -- if not nonexistant -- in the stereo version. (I think they're
plainly audible on the current CD reissue...)

dauber at banana-and-louie.org
AIM: ddaauubbeerr
blog: http://scattered-frog.blogspot.com